Spotlight on Kids Who Care
The Center for Social and Character Development at Rutgers University is pleased to introduce our newest website feature: Spotlight on Kids Who Care.
This new feature shares stories that highlight kids and their caring efforts in a variety of service learning experiences. The stories come from the eighteen NJ schools that participated in the PACES Project (Partnership for the Advancement of Character Education through Service Learning).
- Real kids making a difference
- Lesson plans from each Spotlight story
- Ideas for integrating service learning into the curriculum
- Service learning as a way to engage all students
- Impact on kids’ growth and development
- Core ethical values involved in service learning projects
- Reflection activities that work for kids